The Vietnam Veteran’s Moving Wall Fund Scholarship was established in 1990 by the Vietnam Veteran’s Moving Wall Committee. The Committee established the Fund with the remaining money originally collected to bring the National Vietnam Veteran’s Moving Wall Exhibit, listing the names of the 58,126 Americans who died during the Vietnam War, to Glen Oak Park in Peoria, Illinois.
The Scholarship was established to benefit the children of local veteran’s who served in the Vietnam War or those of subsequent conflicts.
A scholarship award of $250 will be awarded. The scholarship award is good for a period of one academic year and is not considered a renewable scholarship; however, recipients are eligible to re-apply each year. Prior recipients are not given preferential consideration.
1. Motivation to accomplish career goals.
2. Potential for scholarship, citizenship and leadership are taken into consideration.
3. Financial need is only a consideration when other factors weigh equally among applicants.
1. Applicant must be a child of a Vietnam Veteran or child of a veteran of subsequent conflicts.
2. Applicant must reside within a 50 mile radius of Peoria, IL (excluding Knox and McLean counties).
3. Applicant must be pursuing post-secondary education.
1. Completed application.
2. High School or College/University Transcripts.
4. 2 Online Letters of Recommendation - one school teacher/ administrator/ employer and one non-relative adult (obtain email addresses for each).