In 2018, AGC of America will celebrate 100 years of serving the construction industry. While we celebrate and recognize the past and the present, we are also looking to address the issues currently affecting the industry, in order to ensure the future of construction. In this spirit, AGC is introducing the Innovation Award to provide incentive to encourage free thinkers within the field to provide pioneering solutions to a challenge faced daily by its members. Examples of issues needing innovative solutions include, but are not limited to:
• Workforce shortage and lack of diversity
• Technology advancements
• Jobsite safety
• Project complexity
Selected semifinalists will be invited to present at the 99th AGC Annual Convention, February 26-28, 2018, in New Orleans, LA. Semifinalists will receive two complimentary Convention registrations.
Of these semi-finalists, three finalists will be selected and invited to participate and present at the Centennial Celebration, September 28 – October 1, 2018. A third, second, and grand prize winner will be determined.
The grand prize winner will be awarded a $10,000 cash prize; the second prize winner will receive $5,000; and the third prize winner will receive $2,500. Finalists will receive two complimentary Centennial Celebration registrations, along with a hotel and travel stipend. AGC will publish (e.g. Constructor Magazine, press release, etc.) information about finalists and provide a winners logo that can be added to their chapter and/or company’s website.
All applicants will be notified as to the status of their application in January 2018. If you have questions, Click Here To Email Sarah Gallegos.
Applicants will be judged on the following:
• Ability to clearly identify the challenge being addressed.
• Ability to not only articulate a proposed solution, but also the originality of the solution.
• The innovation should be realistically adaptable to the industry. Describe the implied investment and expected return of the innovation.
• Identify the economic and/or social impact of the innovative solution.
• Describe the long-term implications of the innovation.
• The submission should be clear and concise, presented in a creative format and submitted via the online platform.
• Grammar, spelling and completeness of the application will be a factor in judging.
The Innovation Award is open to all AGC members in good standing and to students currently enrolled in an ABET- or ACCE-accredited program. The final submission deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. ET, Monday, October 30, 2017. For additional questions, Click Here To Email Sarah Gallegos.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?