The purpose of the Transition Into Post-Secondary Studies (TIPS) Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation of Johnson County, an affiliate of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, is to provide scholarships to high functioning students with special learning needs who plan to seek or who are seeking a two-year or four-year college degree.
Students eligible for assistance shall:
• Be graduates or graduating seniors from high school and who plan to seek or who are seeking an Associates or a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Be currently enrolled in or have completed the Transition Into Post-Secondary Studies (TIPS) course at Johnson County Community College.
• Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school and, if applying while in college, at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in college.
• The students’ special learning needs must be evidenced by either an IEP (Individual Educational Plan) or a 504 Plan that they can submit with their scholarship application.
• Students must also explain why the college they plan to attend (or that they already attend) is a school that offers programs that align with their special learning needs.
• In addition, college students who are applying for a scholarship must provide evidence that they are using the support services for special learning needs at the school they attend.
Consideration will also be given to financial need and extracurricular activities.
Finalists are required to participate in an interview with the Selection Committee. Time and date will be announced at a later date.
Scholarships of up to $1,000 will be awarded for one year payable in equal
installments, one-half will be payable in August for the first semester and one-half
payable in January for the second semester, assuming the student continues to
meet the criteria set forth above, including a contact with a member of the review
committee. Scholarships shall be used for tuition, fees and/or books.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?