A $4,000 scholarship will be awarded to a minimum of two (2) graduating high school seniors interested in a teaching career including: Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education and Special Education. The award may be used for tuition, books, room, and/or meals at the institution of higher education of the recipient’s choice. The initial selection of these scholarships winner will be made by Scholarships for Scholars, Inc., with endorsement by the Anne Arundel Retired School Personnel Association.
Students may submit separate applications for a total of two (2) categories.
Scholarships for Scholars, Inc., at its discretion, reserves the right not to award a scholarship in any particular category.
Additionally, there are honorary scholarships of $7,000 and $8,000 awarded to applicants demonstrating multi-disciplinary excellence. All students who have submitted an application are eligible for consideration; a student may not apply directly for one of these. A student cannot be awarded more than one scholarship.
Scholarships are awarded without regard to financial need, race, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or familial status.
• Must be a resident of Anne Arundel County.
• Must be a graduating high school senior of a public or accredited private high school or home-schooled in Anne Arundel County.
• Must plan to attend an accredited college or university as a full-time student.
• Must have a minimum composite SAT score of 1650, or an ACT composite score of 25.
• Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (grades 9-12).
• Must declare an interest in pursuing a career in Teacher Education in one of these four (4) areas: Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education or Special Education.
• Must have demonstrated an involvement in community service including activities with children and youth.