THE 2016-2017 ONLINE APPLICATION IS CLOSED.
PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR THE 2017-2018 APPLICATION:
The purpose of the Excellence in Accounting Scholarship of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) and its Foundation for Accounting Education (FAE) is to provide financial assistance to encourage and aid deserving candidates to enter the accounting profession. Accordingly, scholarship awards will be based heavily on financial need. At the same time, applicants must meet or exceed a threshold of acceptable academic performance. The program is administered by the FAE, a 501(c)(3) foundation.
Depending on the type of Excellence in Accounting scholarship, the disbursement amount will vary:
Excellence in Accounting: $2,500 per student
Excellence in Accounting - Buffalo Chapter: $2,500 per student
Excellence in Accounting - Ted Wilson Scholarship (Manhattan/Bronx Chapter): $1,000 total
Excellence in Accounting - Anchin, Block and Anchin Scholarship: $2,000 total ($500 each student)
• Have declared a major in accounting as described below and, if applicable, been accepted to that major.
• Be residents of New York State and either U.S. citizens or permanent residents. An applicant who is not a U.S. citizen or does not have a permanent resident visa is NOT eligible for a scholarship and should not submit this application.
• Be enrolled at or accepted to a New York State college or university that offers an accounting program(s) registered by the N.Y. State Education Department as meeting the educational requirements for admission to the CPA examination (hereafter designated as a “Registered College”). Can be either a Graduate student or an Undergraduate student.
• Have completed a minimum of 72 credit hours by April 1, 2016 and 84 credits by the start of the fall 2016 semester. A part-time student or student whose program has followed an irregular pattern must be at an equivalent stage. In addition, such a student must have successfully completed at least one semester of the college’s intermediate accounting course(s).
• Have achieved an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (based on a four-point system) for the above 72+ credit hours as of April 1, 2016, and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
• Have completed and filed a FAFSA application and been approved for financial aid. Applicants who have not applied and been approved for financial aid are not eligible for the scholarship and should not submit this application.
• Have FAE Campus Liaison or department chair approval and recommendation, or one letter of accounting related recommendation.
The list of campus liaisons can be found here:
----->>> OFFICIAL DEADLINE: April 5, 2016 << Your financial aid contact must be a financial aid officer/advisor or counselor from your school. Your letter of recommendation can be from a professor or professional who is aware of your accounting endeavors and abilities.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?