The purpose of these programs are to provide funds for Psi Chi members to conduct summer research under the mentorship of a teaching faculty member.
Psi Chi will award:
14 grants to the general Psi Chi category,
6 grants to the APS category,
2 grants to the CUR category, and
2 grants to the SRCD category.
All grants are $5,000 each (a stipend of $3,500 to the Psi Chi student plus $1,500 to the sponsoring faculty member at the research institution).
• All undergraduate Psi Chi members are eligible to apply for Psi Chi summer research grants. To apply for APS, CUR, or SRCD summer research grants, your sponsor MUST be a member of that organization.
Applicants for these grants must:
• be an undergraduate Psi Chi member with a member ID number on file at the Central Office,
• identify their own sponsor for their summer research project (students may wish to contact a faculty member, Psi Chi advisor, or Psi Chi Board of Directors member at a recognized research institution other than that of the applicant),
• provide an unofficial transcript showing current enrollment status,
• still be enrolled as an undergraduate student after the summer research is conducted, and
• winners will be required to submit an official transcript that verifies fall semester enrollment.
Number of Awards24
Total Amount Awarded$120,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?