NB Next is a giving circle of people who combine their gifts and collectively decide which charitable causes will receive the group's support. The mission of NB Next is to connect people with the nonprofit community for the enduring benefit of New Braunfels and Comal County.
Through an endowment fund with NBACF, NB Next provides a way for emerging community leaders to pool their resources with others and put their philanthropic dreams into action. With an annual tax-deductible donation, possible fundraising events, and opportunities for sponsorship, members create a pool of funds to be used to help realize those dreams.
Each year, a percentage of the pooled funds will be used to make grants in the community, and the rest will go into an endowment fund. The endowment will then be used to enhance the amount given away in the following years.
Members are involved in accepting, evaluating, and awarding grants. Each member has a vote in how the grants are awarded.
* A $250 annual donation provides a membership and can be placed in an individual's name or couple's name.
* Couples may join with one $250 membership. However, one membership counts as one vote.
* Members must be 21 years or older.
* Membership will be capped at 100.
* Meeting opportunities for members will be presented throughout the year, but attendance is always optional.
* There will be opportunities to become more involved by serving on various committees. Subcommittees will meet regularly based on an agreed schedule.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.