The Emerging Philanthropists Fund is an initiative designed by CFCI to invigorate emerging community leaders to join together as philanthropists. The Emerging Philanthropists is comprised of a cross section of professionals in central Illinois who have an interest in positively impacting the qualify of life in our community through grantmaking. Collectively, Emerging Philanthropists Fund members donate to build the fund, a permanent endowment created for the purpose of addressing community needs through grantmaking.
The Fund is comprised of indivuidual memberships and other donations. These funds are permanently invested with a percentage of the fund available to be distributed each year through grantmaking.
• $5,000 in funding available for 2016 grant cycle.
• Can apply for up to $5,000.
• Funds must be used from August 2016 to July 2017.
• Submission deadline of June 15, 2016 at midnight*.
*Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day by midnight.
• Open to all organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, those that operate under a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)3 organization, and to local units of local, county, state or federal government.
• Program must occur or serve individuals within CFCI’s service area of a 50 mile radius surrounding Peoria, IL (excluding Knox and McLean Counties).
• Grant funding may support new or existing programs that positively benefit central Illinois.
• Program must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable anti-discrimination laws are violated.
• Organization must be current on all final reports for grants from CFCI; if the organization applying has a program currently being funded with a CFCI grant and the final report is not yet due, an interim letter summarizing the progress of the program must be submitted.
Emerging Philanthropists Fund Grantmaking Principles
• Evidence based programs addressing a significant community need.
• Programs that are unique and identify unmet needs in the community.
• Innovative in nature.
• Collaborative by leveraging resources and cultivating partnerships.
The Emerging Philanthropists Fund of CFCI does not fund:
• Annual / Capital campaigns.
• Sectarian religious purposes: Faith based organizations and churches are eligible if program serves the community.
Application Requirements and Dates
• Applicants are highly encouraged to submit applications at least 2 weeks in advance and to call CFCI’s office at 309-674-8730 to verify all required materials have been received prior to the deadline of June 15, 2016.
• Applications received after the deadline and/or missing required materials will be considered incomplete. There will be no exceptions.
• Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day by midnight.
• The Emerging Philanthropists Fund of CFCI reserves the right to make changes to application’s requirements up to 60 days prior to date that applications are due.
• The Emerging Philanthropists Fund Grants Committee will review all complete applications and narrow the applications down to, at most, five finalists. Of the finalists selected and based on funding available, the Fund membership will then vote on one or several recipients.
• The grant review process may last 30-60 days after the submission deadline. The Community Foundation of Central Illinois reserves the right to shorten or extend the process at any time.
• Naturally, not all projects can be funded. A denial should not be viewed as a negative reflection on an organization, but rather a reflection on the amount of funding available. Organizations will be notified in writing on the status of the grant application.
Total Amount Awarded$5,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?