Psi Chi members (undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty) are invited to submit their psychology research for presentation at the IX Encuentro Internacional de Estudiantes de Psicología. The conference will be held October 24-28, 2016 in the Faculty (College) of Psychology at the University of Havana, Cuba. Submissions and presentations may be in Spanish or English; however, the submission website is in Spanish and the official language of the conference is Spanish. Translators will be available at the conference. Approximate travel dates are October 16-31, 2016 (travel from and to Florida).
In order to travel to Cuba with the Psi Chi group you must:
1. Have had your psychology research accepted for presentation at the conference.
2. Have a valid Psi Chi member ID at the time of submission to the conference.
3. Submit a letter of recommendation from a psychology faculty member.
4. Pay a deposit of $300 by August 31, 2016.
5. Hold a valid passport from a country that allows travel to Cuba (US citizens may travel to Cuba in order to attend a professional meeting).
6. Pay for all of your own expenses including travel to Florida and group costs for the trip (including roundtrip flight from Florida to Cuba, hotel, and meal expenses in the US and Cuba, and conference registration).
7. Stay in the same hotel in Florida with the rest of the group the night before departure.
8. Pay Psi Chi for the remainder of your trip by October 1, 2016 (estimated cost for roundtrip flight to Cuba, all hotel costs, and dining is currently about $2,200).
9. Stay with the group in the designated hotels in Cuba.
10. Sign a liability waiver.
11. Provide proof of health insurance.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?