***Application for SAN JOSE schools will reopen on 2/21 with a deadline of 11:59PM on March 1, 2017***
The mission of the Peninsula College Fund (PCF) is to assist low-income, underserved and often overlooked first-generation college students from the Mid-Peninsula in their quest to graduate, and to help them achieve their education and career goals.
We provide our scholars with one-to-one adult mentors, college and career success training, summer internship support, and college scholarships. Together, these resources make college more affordable, and help our scholars successfully navigate the journey to graduation and a career.
PCF scholars are awarded a $3,000/year scholarship, which can be renewed for four years (for a total of $12,000) upon meeting program criteria. The Peninsula College Fund Program is uniquely offered to college-bound high school seniors who attend PCF partner high schools.
• Be a current graduating senior attending: Aspire East Palo Alto Phoenix Academy, Carlmont High School, East Palo Alto Academy, Eastside College Preparatory School, Gunn High School, Menlo School, Menlo-Atherton High School, Palo Alto High School, Sacred Heart Prep, Saint Francis High School, Sequoia High School, Serra High School, Summit Prep (890 Broadway Campus Only), Woodside High School, San Jose High School, Mt. Pleasant High School, Overfelt High School, Downtown College Prep (east San Jose campus), Latino College Prep Academy.
• Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (unweighted)
• Documented financial need
• Plan to attend a four-year accredited college/university beginning Fall 2017
• Be a first-generation college student
• Demonstrate the academic preparation necessary to succeed in college
• Demonstrate an ability to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals
• Demonstrate active involvement in the community or active engagement with others via work, school, or family responsibilities
* Open to Undocumented and A.B. 540 Students
*Please note that in order to process your application, you will need to have two letters of recommendation (one must be from a teacher and the other from an adult that is not your relative), and have your guidance counselor submit your high school transcript with your Fall semester grades by February 17, 2017.
*If your Fall semester grades will not be ready by February 17, 2017, please email Iris Bustos for an extension for your fall transcript: firstname.lastname@example.org
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?