ENTER the VIDEO CONTEST for
SYRIAN REFUGEE ACCOMPANIMENT
Youth in Grades 9-12
The world today has more refugees and internally displaced people than at any time since World War II. Be part of the United Church of Christ’s “Our Still Speaking Voice” Initiative that will highlight ministries with Syrian Refugees. “Our Stillspeaking Voice” is a monthly issues-oriented multimedia initiative created to amplify the bold public voice of the United Church of Christ. Check out other monthly highlights at Our Still Speaking Voice, www.ucc.org/ourstillspeakingvoice
Selected videos from this contest will go public on UCC media throughout December 2016.
Three of these videos will win scholarship prizes:
First place: $2,000 scholarship
Second place: $1,000 scholarship
Third place: $500 scholarship
Scholarships will be disbursed directly to an approved educational institution within the U.S. upon student’s enrollment and submitted request (request must be made before September 1, 2021). Winners will receive detailed information on the process for making this request.
Note: The UCC also will acknowledge contest winners by making donations equal to the amount of these scholarships to Global Ministries’ (UCC/Disciples) partners involved in education with Syrian refugee youth. This $3,500 is in addition to on-going support of Syrian refugees through the One Great Hour of Sharing offering and designated donations for refugees.
Global Ministries (UCC/Disciples) www.globalministries.org
Global Ministries Syria Crisis www.globalministries.org/syria_crisis
UCC Refugee Ministries www.ucc.org/refugees_index
One Great Hour of Sharing (UCC) www.ucc.org/oghs
Church World Service www.cwsglobal.org
ACT Alliance http://actalliance.org
Video Contest winners will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Videos must be between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in length.
2. Videos are accepted in the following formats: .MOV, .FLV, .AVI, .MP4, .WMV. Please do not use copyrighted music.
3. One submission per person.
4. Applicants must be in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 on December 1, 2016.
5. Videos must be creative and engaging.
6. Videos and action plans must demonstrate authenticity.
7. Videos must demonstrate awareness of the response of the United Church of Christ and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) to the Syrian Refugee crisis.
8. Videos must demonstrate an understanding of the long-term crisis that has made Syrian people refugees and internally displaced.
9. Videos must present an action or plan of action that involves your congregation and/or community in accompaniment of Syrian refugees (awareness raising, education, welcoming, and/or fundraising).
10. Videos that promote donations for Syrian Refugees must designate through the UCC’s Refugee Emergency Fund www.ucc.org/refugee_emergency_fund
11. Notify UCC staff by November 11th of intent to submit a video at email@example.com. Upload finished video submission by November 29, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
(Selected videos will go public on www.ucc.org and UCC social media throughout December 2016.)
Number of Awards3
Total Amount Awarded$3,500
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.