The Dr. Edward J. Jacob Memorial Scholarship Fund was created to honor Dr. Jacob for his many years of service to the Toledo Junior Golf Association (TJGA). It provides annual scholarships for members of the TJGA who are pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited institution, as either full-time or part-time undergraduate students. Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution (and not to the student) for purposes of covering education-related expenses including tuition, books, on-campus room and board, and fees.
1. U.S. citizen;
2. Current member of the TJGA;
3. Undergraduate enrollment at an accredited post-secondary institution (including colleges or universities, technical colleges or trade schools) starting in the fall of the current or following academic year (in other words, applicant can be a current junior or senior in high school);
4. Participant in at least 50% of the previous and/or current year TJGA events (not including the Caddie Championship);
5. Demonstration of consistent academic achievement; and
6. Demonstration of sportsmanship both on and off the golf course, as exhibited by the following attributes:
a. one who displays honesty and integrity;
b. one who shows respect for and politeness towards both his/her fellow competitors and adults (especially TJGA players’ parents, golf course personnel and TJGA representatives);
c. one who respects the game of golf, including its traditions and rules, and who understands and demonstrates exemplary etiquette both on and off the golf course;
d. one who enjoys the respect and admiration of his/her peers, and is at ease in showing these qualities in return;
e. one who is friendly, soft spoken and never boastful, yet remains goal-oriented and works hard toward accomplishments with a positive attitude; and
f. one who is always accountable for his/her own actions.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.