To encourage educational achievement and to make possible further study, beyond high school, for employees and/or dependents of employees of the Belmont Country Club (BCC). A number of scholarships of varying amounts are available annually. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
1. First-time applicants or a first-time applicant’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must possess an employment record at BCC reflecting the following:
a. In the case of scholarship applicants themselves: a record of having worked at least 475 hours in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application; or
b. In the case of the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of scholarship applicants: a record of having worked full time (as outlined in the BCC Employee Manual) for at least two years prior to the submission deadline for the application.
Verification of this record is provided by the Belmont Club Manager or Office Manager.
2. The applicant must be a high school graduate or be eligible for graduation in the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
3. The applicant must have achieved a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) by the end of his/her last quarter/semester of instruction.
4. The applicant must be planning to pursue undergraduate study (full or part-time) at a two or four year college/university, or other school of the student’s choice accredited by one or more of the accrediting bodies belonging to the “Council on Post Secondary Education.”
5. Recipients may have their scholarship renewed for up to three years if additional study is needed to complete a degree or certificate. To be considered for renewal, a recipient must re-apply each year and meet the requirements outlined in number three (3) and four (4) above.
Scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen by the Belmont Scholarship Selection Committee. In selecting recipients for this award, the Committee will consider the following:
a. financial need;
b. individual motivation and character;
c. scholastic aptitude and academic achievement.
In assessing the above criteria, the Selection Committee will take into consideration information submitted on the scholarship application, transcripts/academic records, letters of recommendation and possibly personal interviews with final candidates.
INTERVIEWS (PRIMARILY FOR NEW APPLICANTS) WILL BE HELD IN LATE JUNE/ EARLY JULY AT BELMONT COUNTRY CLUB. YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED A SPECIFIC INTERVIEW DATE AND TIME.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.