New Canaan Community Foundation operates an annual, competitive grant evaluation and distribution process, directed by the Foundation’s Board of Directors and supported by professional staff. Community volunteers also play a key role in this review and decision-making effort. Average grants range from $5,000 to $20,000.
Organizations should request support for their most compelling need. If you have not applied to NCCF for funding before, you are strongly encouraged to call the office in advance of submitting a proposal to review your grant request.
In order to do a thorough vetting of each grant request, the Foundation will schedule a site visit to your organization, and may request additional information. A team of Board members and volunteers will meet with management and program staff to learn first-hand about your organization’s work and to better evaluate your proposal.
1. Organization must be tax-exempt and in good standing with the IRS.
2. Organization serves New Canaan residents or has significant impact on our community.
3. Eligible grant requests include: capital improvements; operational or program expenses; new programs / projects; education / professional development for staff or clients; capacity building
4. Funding will not be considered for any costs already incurred or to build an endowment. Funding will also not be considered if a previous year's grant will not have been fully spent by May 2018.
5. Any request that includes a collaboration with another organization must have a “letter of intent to collaborate” from that organization.
6. Organization cannot ask multiple funders for support for the same expenses.
7. Submit your online application and all required attachments by the deadline of Monday, February 12, 2018.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?