Prompt: The core values of the National Guard are: Loyalty, duty, respect, selfless-service, honor, integrity and personal courage. Select one of these values and explain how you demonstrate this value in your daily life as a scholar-athlete.
• Must be a student-athlete currently enrolled at an NCHSAA member school AND participating in at least (1) NCHSAA sanctioned sport or be a member of a Cheerleading team representing the high school during the Fall, Winter, or Spring season of the 2016-17 school year.
• Entries are limited to 400 words in length.
• Entire essay must be the student’s own work – any essay with information copied from sources without use of proper citation will be disqualified.
• Students are limited to (1) essay entry to the contest.
• Deadline for Submission: 11:59pm, September 30, 2016
• Winning Essays will be selected and announced on or before 5:00pm, October 7, 2016
• 1 Male and 1 Female will be selected as first-place recipients and each will receive a prize pack from the NC National Guard and NCHSAA including a “FitBit Flex 2” fitness wristband. Runner-up prizes may also be awarded.
• Essays will be judged on originality, content, organization of material, grammar and spelling.
• By entering the contest and submitting an essay, entrants agree to allow the NCHSAA and the NC National Guard use of the essay for future promotional opportunities.
• Essays will be evaluated by a special committee – decisions will be final.
Questions or Concerns can be addressed to Kayla Austin, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.