Hamilton Southeastern High School, in cooperation with the Colglazier family, has established a memorial scholarship in honor of Carrie Colglazier who was tragically killed by a drunk driver on June 6th, 2003. She was an HSEHS two sport, All State student- athlete in soccer and track. She was an active member of the FFA program and a member of National Honor Society. She was extremely passionate about her family, friends, teammates, teachers and coaches, and took great pride in being a Royal!
The $12,000, four year scholarship ($3,000 awarded annually) is funded by an endowment through the Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation and by the Carrie Colglazier Community Service Workday. The workday, which is held each spring (typically the Saturday before the first Saturday of spring break), includes workers from the Girls’ Soccer and Track teams, along with members of FFA and National Honor Society. Workers are asked to work up to an 8 hour day (8:00am-4:00pm) in the HSE schools community for a minimum $25.00 donation per worker. All proceeds go toward the scholarship.
Students are encourage to personalize their application, but must complete all required sections and submit prior to the deadline. Please direct questions to Freedom Kolb, HSSF Executive Director, at 317-594-4100 or to your guidance counselor. Students can learn more about Carrie and her legacy by visiting her website at http://carriecolglazier.org.
- To be eligible, students must have participated in HSEHS Girls’ Soccer, HSEHS Girls’ Track, HSEHS National Honor Society, and/or FFA (either HSEHS or FHS).
- Students must have consistently participated in the Colglazier Community Service Workday.
- Students must have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership roles, and community service.
- Students must be a senior who plans to attend a 2 year or 4 year college, university, vocational or trade school.
- Student's must submit two letters of reference: one from teacher or administrator who can verify academic and leadership potential and one from a non-relative, community member who knows you well.
- Students should submit a current photo.
- Students should complete an essay entitled "Lessons Learned," describing a non-classroom experience during your four years at HSEHS/FHS that has impacted your personal growth. Describe the situation and the lessons you learned through this experience.
- Students must submit a resume in addition to the application.
Number of Awards1
Total Amount Awarded$12,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?