Mary Love Collins dedicated her life to Chi Omega Fraternity. She led the Fraternity from 1910 until 1952 as the National President, but continued her involvement until her death at the age of 90 in 1972.
More than any other Chi Omega, Mary Love Collins moved the Fraternity to a position second to none in the fraternal world. More than any other Chi Omega, Mary Love shaped the Fraternity's principles, policies, and practices; and more than any other Chi Omega, Mary Love provided guidance and leadership to the entire fraternity world.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by the Chi Omega Foundation on the basis of scholarship, aptitude, contributions and service to Chi Omega, the University and the community, and personal and professional goals.
APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED OF THEIR STATUS VIA EMAIL IN MAY.
*Please note that ALL required materials (including recommendation letters) MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by the application deadline. Paper copies will not be accepted.
It is the applicant's responsibility to do the following:
1. Give recommenders ample time to submit letters.
2. Follow up with recommenders to ensure they understand the process for a successful submission.
3. Follow directions. Points will be deducted for not following directions.
4. Submit a complete application.
An application cannot be submitted successfully without ALL required materials. Applications lacking recommendation letters will be in pending status. Pending and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants must be members of Chi Omega Fraternity who are enrolled or enrolling in a full-time graduate degree program at an accredited institution during the 2017-2018 school year. Scholarship checks are made payable to the institution to be used for educational expenses/tuition.
If applying for both the Mary Love Collins Scholarship and the Alumnae Educational Grant for the same academic year, the applicant may receive only one award.
Applicants who have previously been awarded the Elizabeth Carmichael Orman Scholarship or the Alumnae Educational Grant are still eligible for the Mary Love Collins Scholarship; however, past recipients of the Mary Love Collins Scholarship are ineligible to receive the award a second year.
1. A completed application form.
2. A personal essay.
3. Transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. These can be unofficial for the application. If verification of an official transcript is needed, applicants will be notified and given ample time for submission.
4. Students applying for this scholarship must submit scores from the national test required by their graduate school for admission to the university and/or a specific graduate program. Unofficial scores are acceptable for the application. If verification of official scores are needed, applicants will be notified and given ample time for submission.
If the graduate school does not require a national exam, applicants should submit a copy of the graduate school's requirements for admission.
5. Evidence of admission to a graduate degree program by an institution accredited for full-time study for the following academic year. If acceptance notices have not been received by the scholarship application deadline, note this on the scholarship form and contact the Foundation upon notification. All graduate school scholarship recipients must provide proof of acceptance before the Chi Omega Foundation will issue the scholarship funds. Recipients may not defer a scholarship award to the following year.
6. Four letters of recommendation (applications will be incomplete if not submitted by the application deadline):
a. one letter from an Advisor or Advisory Board of the applicant’s active chapter (For those applicants who have been out of school five or more years, it is not necessary to request a recommendation letter from a Chi Omega advisor. You may substitute a recommendation from your alumnae president, an alumnae chapter member, or employer.)
b. one letter from a professor in the applicant’s major
c. a second letter from a professor in the applicant’s major
d. one letter from an employer or an administrator at the applicant’s institution.
***Only the required four letters will be accepted.
Number of Awards6
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.