The Alumnae Educational Grant is a program of assistance specifically for Chi Omega Alumnae members 24 years of age and older (by the application deadline - NO EXCEPTIONS) who desire to further their education for the purpose of career qualification or advancement. Grants are awarded on the basis of need, merit, and individual goals for study at a college, university, vocational, or technical school. Ten $1,000 grants will be awarded for the 2016/2017 academic year.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by the Chi Omega Foundation
APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED OF THEIR STATUS VIA EMAIL BY APRIL 15.
This grant must be used during the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarship checks are made payable to the institution to be used for educational expenses/tuition.
Applicants must be alumnae of Chi Omega Fraternity and be 24 years or older by the date the application is due. There are NO exceptions.
Past recipients of the Alumnae Educational Grant are ineligible to receive the award a second year. Applicants who have previously been awarded the Elizabeth Carmichael Orman Scholarship or the Mary Love Collins Scholarship are still eligible for the Alumnae Educational Grant. If applying for both the Alumnae Educational Grant and the Mary Love Collins Scholarship for the same academic year, the applicant may receive only one award.
*Please note that ALL required materials (including recommendation letters) MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by the APPLICATION DEADLINE. Paper copies will not be accepted.
It is the applicant's responsibility to do the following:
1. Give recommenders ample time to submit letters.
2. Follow up with recommenders to ensure they understand the process for a successful submission.
3. Follow directions. Points will be deducted for not following directions.
4. Submit a complete application.
An application cannot be submitted successfully without ALL required materials. Applications lacking recommendation letters will be in pending status. Pending and incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Complete the application and Essay.
2. Upload a copy of your transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. These can be unofficial for the application. If verification of an official transcript is needed, applicants will be notified and given ample time for submission.
3. Course/program description.
4. TWO letters of recommendation are required:
a. one from a Chi Omega who knows you well (this excludes family members).
b. one from a teacher, counselor or employer.