The Pursuit of Excellence scholarship program is designed to support financially needy students who are determined to pursue a college degree. POE provides scholarship support during all undergraduate years, regardless of the number of years required to graduate as long as satisfactory academic standards are met and the student continues working in good faith towards his or her graduation. POE scholarships vary depending on each students financial needs and may vary year to year if financial circumstances change. In 2016 first year awards ranged from $500 to $3,500 per student.
- High school seniors in their 2016-2017 academic year who are graduating in June, 2017.
- Must be attending one of the following high schools:
* Lincoln High School, San Jose
* Los Gatos High School
- Documented financial need- a typical recipient's family income usually does not exceed $60,000, although special circumstances are definitely considered.
- Attendance at a four-year accredited college or university beginning Fall 2017 (or a Community College with plans to transfer to a 4-year college or university)
- Demonstrated academic preparation to attend college.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals.
- Demonstrated quality involvement with others via work, school, family or in the community.
- Student Work - Preference is given to students who have worked during their time in high school.
- Attendance at POE Awards dinner in June 2017.
- Contact with POE mentor throughout college to renew scholarship each year.
Number of Awards8
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.