The Pursuit of Excellence scholarship program is designed to support financially needy students who are determined to pursue a college degree. POE provides scholarship support during all undergraduate years, regardless of the number of years required to graduate as long as satisfactory academic standards are met and the student continues working in good faith towards his or her graduation. POE scholarships vary depending on each students financial needs and may vary year to year if financial circumstances change. In 2016 first year awards ranged from $3,000 to $6,000 per student.
- Community college students in their 2016-2017 academic year who are graduating with an AA degree in June, 2017.
- Must be attending one of the following community colleges:
* Foothill College
* De Anza College
* Canada College
- Documented financial need- a typical recipient's family income usually does not exceed $60,000, although special circumstances are definitely considered.
- Preference will be given to students who transfer to a UC.
- GPA of 3.5 or better
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals
- Demonstrated quality involvement with others via work, school, family or in the community
- Student Work - Preference is given to students who have worked.
- Attendance at POE Awards dinner in June 2017
- Contact with POE mentor throughout college to renew scholarship each year
Number of Awards2
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.