Assist College bound black male students to realize their full potential in pursuit of academic excellence and leadership development by providing financial and moral support.
1. All Applicants must be high school seniors who will graduate at the end of the academic calendar year, and have never attended a higher learning institute full-time (i.e., college or university), or individuals who have already graduated from high school or received a GED, but have never attended a higher learning institute full-time.
2. Must be a resident of Alameda or Contra Costa Counties, or referred by a member of the DBMG.
3. Demonstrate community volunteerism within your school or community.
4. Have (or graduated with) a minimum grade point average of 2.5 overall.
5. All awardees are required to attend a four hour (4hrs)* orientation meeting where a video of each winner will be produced.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed DBMG Scholarship Application. Please type or print your responses, including "N/A" for items that are not applicable to you. The application must be completed in its entirety, submitted with the items listed below, and postmarked by April 15, 2017.
2. Three personal letters of recommendation: (Required)*
- Current High School Seniors: (a) counselor; (b) teacher; (c) community representative.
- High School Graduates: (a) community representative; (b) employer; (c) other (as approved as such by Committee Members)
3. List of colleges and/or universities where you are applying. (Required)*
4. Most recent official academic transcript from school. You must request that your registrar send your transcript directly to the address provided. The DBMG will not accept student copies or other unofficial transcripts. Most schools assess a nominal service charge to send official transcripts
5. Essay question: One of the principal goals of education is fostering ways for people to respect and get along with individuals who think, dress, look and act differently. How might you make this goal a reality? Your essay should be 500 words or less, typed with black ink on white paper. Doubled Spaced. Your essay must be submitted with your application.
6. A personal biographical essay of 250 words or less. Your biography should discuss your college and/or career objectives, leadership abilities and your involvement in the black community. The essay must be included with this application. Double Spaced
NOTES OF INTEREST
1. All DBMG scholarship disbursements will require a copy of your acceptance letter from your college or university.
2. Scholarship disbursements will be made directly to the college or university that you will be attending. The following is required:
a) Copy of Acceptance or Admittance letter
b) Student ID Number
c) Official name, address, phone #
to send the scholarship check.
3. All scholarships must be paid out within two (2) years from the date that it is awarded, and will not exceed $2,500.
4. Scholarship is non-renewable.
Application packet, including all required materials, must be received at:
DBMG Scholarship 2017
P.O. Box 2898
San Ramon, CA 94583
by April 30, 2017.
Notification will be made by May 31, 2017. If you have any questions, please e-mail the Scholarship Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Amount Awarded$120,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.