Each year Chicago's most promising leaders become Leadership Greater Chicago Fellows.
This yearlong Fellowship experience is the region’s premiere civic leadership development program, and the beginning of a lifelong commitment to civic engagement. The Leadership Greater Chicago Signature Program convenes, connects, and mobilizes the region’s most promising leaders around key socioeconomic issues through dynamic education and experiential activities. Over the course of one year, Fellows develop the lifelong partnerships, community awareness, and leadership skills to better understand and positively impact not only themselves, but their employees, constituents, clients, families, and communities. Comprised of retreats, full-day seminars, site visits, discussion groups, dialogue with leaders and experts, service projects, social and cultural events, and other activities, Fellows explore critical community challenges, examine themselves as leaders, and build transformational relationships of trust and collaboration.
The program experience is leadership development at its best for high-potential people in Chicagoland businesses, corporations, nonprofit organizations, and government. It offers an unparalleled opportunity for in-depth learning about complex urban issues and the background, partnerships, and analytical skills needed to address them.
Ideal candidates will be well-established and upwardly mobile in their career paths and have demonstrated leadership ability in their professional lives, a history of volunteering and civic engagement, and the passion and drive to tackle some of the major issues facing the Chicagoland region. Priority consideration is given to those ages 28-42. All candidates are required to be nominated and supported by their sponsoring organization, and seconded by at least one additional nominator.
LGC Fellows represent the broad diversity of Chicago. Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Leadership Greater Chicago's Signature Fellows Program is an intensive, year-long commitment that requires significant investment from both the Fellow and his or her sponsoring organization. Program requirements include:
• Attendance at the Recognition Ceremony (July 27, 2017) Opening Retreat (September 8-9, 2017), Mid-Year Dinner (Jan/Feb, 2018), and Closing Retreat (June 1-2, 2018);
• Attendance at eight all-day Sessions (The first Friday of each month, excluding holidays, October 2017 – May 2018);
• Attendance at no less than five of seven Leadership Breakfasts (Approximately one per month, October 2017 – May 2018);
• Active engagement and participation in supplemental programming, including session planning committees, Discussion Groups, site visits, cultural events, and social activities;
• A financial contribution from your sponsoring organization ($17,500 for private sponsors and large nonprofits; amount scaled for smaller nonprofits, entrepreneurs, and government institutions) due by JULY 1, 2017; and
• An individual financial contribution of $1,500 (candidates from government, education, and small nonprofits, or with extenuating financial circumstances, are asked to contribute at least $1,000) due by JULY 15, 2017
Prior to submitting your application, you are required to discuss these commitments of time and finances with your employer and sponsoring organization and make any necessary arrangement to ensure the fulfillment of these requirements in the event of being accepted into the Program.
Should you have any questions about any of these requirements, or the Fellows Program in general, please contact Program Manager Alisha Yadav at Alisha.Yadav@lgcchicago.org.