This scholarship is in memory of Captain Jodi Callahan who was an AFA Under-Forty National Director and a Trustee of the former Aerospace Education Foundation. This scholarship is made possible through contributions to the Jodi Callahan Memorial Fund by her family and friends.
The Captain Jodi Callahan Memorial Scholarship provides a $1,000 scholarship to an active duty Air Force, full time Air National Guard or full time Air Force Reserve (officer or enlisted) pursuing a Master’s Degree in a non-technical field of study. A check will be mailed directly to the winner.
- A completed application form
- One letter of recommendation from your Air Force supervisor or commander which includes a character reference, a description of your performance and an assessment of your potential as an Air Force leader and volunteer. All letters will need an ink stained signature for acceptance. Any letters without this will not be considered.
- If you have not begun your advanced degree, submit proof of acceptance into a Master’s program at an accredited college or university. This must be on college or university letterhead and state your name and date of your first term of attendance.
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent) is required. Submit an official, original transcript of your most recent college or university Master’s program. If you have not yet started your Master’s program, submit an official, original transcript from your undergraduate degree.
- An essay no greater than 600 words (approx. two pages typed and double spaced) describing your academic goals and how you expect your degree to enhance your service to the Air Force.
Number of Awards1
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.