Jan Boyd Blackwell was initiated at Rho Delta Chapter/University of Texas-El Paso and resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She has served Chi Omega all of her life, both locally as a chapter advisor at Pi Gamma, and nationally as a member of the Governing Council and as National Archivist. For many years, Jan has been a tremendous role model to members through faithfully upholding Chi Omega values.
Gillian Knight Stewart made the lead gift to establish this fund and is an initiate of Pi Gamma Chapter/University of New Mexico and was a collegiate officer when Jan advised the chapter.
Who may receive this scholarship award from the Chi Omega Foundation?
Any initiated Chi Omega collegiate leader in good standing who has demonstrated a courageous spirit of service and has upheld the values of Chi Omega during a challenging time while leading her chapter.
The scholarship is used for tuition, books or other related educational expenses per IRS guidelines and issued to the student’s university account.
ONE $830 scholarship or TWO $415 scholarships may be awarded depending on the applicant pool.
Who may submit the nomination?
• If a Chi Omega believes one of her Sisters has demonstrated exceptional courage, leadership, integrity, character and spirit of service during a time of challenge, we encourage the two members to work together to submit the nomination form.
• Likewise, if a Chi Omega collegian feels she has exhibited exceptional courage, leadership, integrity, character and spirit of service during a time of challenge, she may submit a nomination form for herself.
• Each form requires a letter of recommendation. The way in which the letter is submitted does not affect the selection process. The recommendation letter can be submitted by an advisor, house corporation board member or college administrator.
APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED OF THEIR STATUS VIA EMAIL IN MAY.
*Please note that all required materials MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by the deadline (this includes recommendation letters). Paper copies will not be accepted.
Nominee Information: Provide the nominee’s name, Chi Omega member number, initiating chapter name, university, initiation year, university id number, mailing address, phone numbers, and e-mail address.
Nominator Information: Include nominator’s name, relationship to nominee, mailing address, phone numbers, and e-mail address. If the nominator is a Chi Omega, please provide nominator’s member number, initiating chapter name, university, and initiation year.
Chi Omega Relations: Please list each Chi Omega family member’s full name, initiating chapter, university, approximate graduation year, and affiliation to the nominee or nominator. This list does not affect the selection process; we are always trying to connect with more Sisters.
List in order college(s) and location, date attended, major.
List and explain any current non-Chi Omega activities.
List Chi Omega involvement in college, please list the years involved next to the activity.
Briefly describe how integrity has been displayed by this member.
1. For nominators, a letter of recommendation describing circumstances when the nominee acted with courage and led her chapter with integrity during a challenging time.
2. For Chi Omegas nominating self, a letter of recommendation from a Chi Omega Sister, faculty member, business associate, or friend describing circumstances when you acted with courage and led your chapter with integrity during a challenging time.
An application cannot be submitted successfully without ALL required materials. Applications lacking recommendation letters will be in pending status. Pending and incomplete applications will not be considered. It is the applicant's responsibility to follow up with recommenders and submit a complete application.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.