Filling out this application is an automatic application for all the following scholarships:
1. Marysville High School Alumni Foundation Scholarship
2. Dr. Malcolm and Barbara MacIvor Memorial Scholarship
3. Dr. Robert Henderson Memorial Scholarship
4. DeGroot Family Scholarship
5. John & Janet Hanby Scholarship
6. MHS Class of 1964 Scholarship
7. Susan Finch Simpson Memorial Scholarship
The 2017 scholarship amounts will be determined by mid January. Below are the amounts awarded in 2016:
MHS Alumni - two (2) at $1,500
MacIvor - eight (8) at $1,500
Henderson - one (1) at $1,500
DeGroot - one (1) at $1,500
Finch Simpson - one (1) at $1,500
Hanby - awarded for the 1st time in 2017
MHS Class of 1964 - awarded for the 1st time in 2017
One of the purposes of the Marysville High School Alumni Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is to award scholarships to MARYSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL graduating seniors on the basis of excellence in scholastic achievement. All applicants are evaluated on a comparative basis with the competition varying each year. Important areas to be evaluated will be:
1. This scholarship is to be used only in regard to fulltime study at a college or university within twelve months from the date of high school graduation, unless there are extenuating circumstances. Any extension requires approval by the Foundation's trustees. In case of withdrawal from college, all unused scholarship money will be returned to the Scholarship Foundation.
2. Applicants must have a 3.2 GPA or above.
3. Two letters of recommendation - one from a person who knows you from an academic perspective; for example, teachers, counselors, and school administrators; and a second from an employer, minister, or other non-related adult who has had a significant impact on your life.
4. Transcript of high school grades including GPA, ACT/SAT scores, and class rank (if available).
5. Extended response indicating your college/career intentions and explaining why you want and need this scholarship.