This scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors from Fairbanks H.S., Marysville H.S., North Union H.S., Triad H.S, and Jonathan Alder H.S. who are planning on majoring in an Art related field.
The Marysville Art League Scholarship was created in memory of many dedicated supporters of the Marysville Art League (MAL) and its mission. The following have had huge impacts on the MAL: The McKitrick & Smart Fund, Walter & Doris Herd, Edith Dyer, Bob Oberlin, Marilyn Shearer & many other contributors.
The Marysville Art League Scholarship symbolizes the promotion of the Visual & Performing Arts in Union County and surrounding areas. The MAL Board of Trustees and scholarship committee invites you to submit the following application to be considered for a one time award of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
1. Applicants must be scheduled to attend a fully accredited four year college, a two-year community college or two-year technical college with the intent to major in an art related field of study.
2. Applicants must plan to be a full-time student.
3. Three letters of reference are required.
4. An essay "I have chosen to major in an Art related field because . . . "
5. Description of extra-curricular activities, hobbies, interests, and employment goals.
6. A portfolio including examples of your artwork from the various mediums (clay, sketches, paintings, photography, etc.). This portfolio should be submitted as a PDF, JPEG, or PowerPoint presentation and is limited to a total of 10MB. Instructions will be provided in the Portfolio section of the application.