STUDENTS: use this application to apply for consideration for a first-year position with the Foundation's Civic Leaders Fellowship Program for summer 2016. Please note that this application is for students who wish to be considered for first year participation in the program. Students who have been a Civic Leaders Fellow in 2014 and/or 2015 need to use the application for second year students or the application for third year students (depending on how many years you have been involved with the program) to be considered for continued participation.
The Civic Leaders Fellowship Program provides summer employment opportunities and a program of civic leadership development for college students who reside in the Foundation's service area. Please review the Civic Leaders Fellowship Program Student Guidelines, available on the Foundation's web site, www.pacfwv.com, to get detailed information on the program's purpose, time-frame, compensation, and work expectations.
The deadline for this application is February 3, 2017.
To apply for consideration for participation in the Foundation Civic Leaders Fellowship Program, a student must:
• Be a current resident of Calhoun, Doddridge, Gilmer, Jackson, Mason, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Wirt or Wood Counties in West Virginia or Washington County, Ohio;
• Satisfactorily complete at least his/her first semester of freshman year of study at an accredited institution of higher learning (including vocational study, community college study, college or university study including graduate student education) with a minimum of a 2.0 or higher grade point average;
• Sincerely desire to participate in a program of civic education and summer employment and be willing and able to work a full time schedule in a nonprofit, business or government organization, with placement at the Foundation’s discretion;
• Be committed to interacting in a positive manner with other program Fellows and staff at the assigned workplace;
• Be committed to full-time employment during the Fellowship period from June 2 - July 14 - part time or intermittent participation is not permitted.
• Be aware that while he/she will be placed at a position most closely proximate to his/her home, every Monday, all Fellows will be required to physically attend a program in Parkersburg, WV;
• Have the long-term personal goal of returning to the Mid-Ohio Valley upon graduation; and
Have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel to and from his or her assigned place of work and to Parkersburg on Mondays for programming.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.