The objectives of the Marty Thurlby Deweese Study Abroad Grant are to encourage:
• The study of foreign language
• The exploration of other cultures
• Understanding of other peoples
• Awareness of ourselves as world citizens
• Foreign travel
(1) be a student or graduate of Fayetteville High School,
(2) be studying or have studied a foreign language for a minimum of two years, and
(3) demonstrate a desire to travel abroad for education as well as for pleasure.
(1) provide documentation of grant expenditures and
(2) be available for public speaking in the community upon return.
The Foundation may or may not award a scholarship in any given year. Recent grants have ranged from $500 to $1,600.