The IAFC Foundation offers educational scholarships to Fire Explorers. Fire Service Exploring is a worksite-based program for young men and women ages 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) to 20 years of age. The scholarships assist those pursuing a career in the fire sciences or any related academic program.
1. The applicant must be a graduating high school senior in May or June of the year in which application is made.
2. The intended school selected by the applicant must be an accredited public or proprietary institution.
3. The applicant must furnish their academic record (transcript when possible) and have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
4. Recommendations must be received from each of the following (no relatives):
a. post advisor
b. high school representative (principal or academic adviser)
c. community representative
5. The applicant must submit a 250-word statement explaining why they should be selected for this scholarship, how the course-work will benefit their fire service career and department and improve the fire service/IAFC.
6. The applicant must electronically submit a head-shot photo (such as a passport photo) for publicity purposes in the event of selection.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?