In memory of her late husband Edward cin 24, Isabell Larson established a fund with the Triangle Fraternity Education Foundation to provide grants to Triangles for engineering graduate study. Brother Ed, National President in 1947-49, was a moving force in the establishment and operation of the Building Loan Fund. In addition to his service to Triangle Fraternity, he served as President of the Society of Professional Engineers and as Executive Director of the Society at its National Headquarters in Washington, D.C. He and Isabell felt strongly that it was critical for the United States to enhance graduate study in engineering in order for the U.S. to maintain its leadership position in the developing technologies.
The applicant must:
1. Be a member of Triangle Fraternity in good standing,
2. Have a minimum 3.3 cumulative undergraduate grade point average (4.0 scale),
3. Have, or will have, graduated from an accredited undergraduate engineering program,
4. Be pursuing a Master’s, Ph.D., or Doctorate of Engineering degree,
5. Submit evidence of acceptance into an engineering graduate program,
6. Have two letters of recommendation submitted along with the application,
7. Submit proof of enrollment after commencing graduate study.
Selection will be based upon the following factors:
1. Undergraduate academic performance,
2. Participation in Triangle Fraternity activities and leadership positions,
3. Involvement in campus activities,
4. Letters of recommendation,
5. Potential for success.
Number of Awards1
Total Amount Awarded$2,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?