The Union County Foundation offers a Quarterly Grant Program to support non-profit groups and organizations in Union County. Each quarter, grant applications are reviewed by our Distribution Committee. Recommendations for funding are then presented to the Foundation's Board of Trustees for final approval.
The quarterly grant deadlines are the first business day of January, April, July, and October.
Once an application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by our Program Distribution Committee. Applicants will be contacted within 30 days of the application deadline with a tentative determination regarding the application's status.
If you are considering applying for a grant, you are encouraged to discuss your idea(s) with the Foundation prior to preparing the application. You can contact the Foundation at (937) 642-9618, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In general, the Foundation gives priority to applications that reflect one or more of the following characteristics:
1) Develops or tests new solutions to community problems.
2) Improves the quality of non-profit organizations by means of more efficient and effective operations.
3) Validates the credibility of the organization's (or project's) community and/or charitable impact.
4) Facilitates cooperation and collaboration among organizations.
5) Strengthens the competitiveness of the region’s economy.
6) Encourages volunteerism, and civic and community involvement.
Normally, grants will not be made for:
1) Buildings or equipment.
2) Unrestricted operating support.
4) Sectarian religious programs.
5) Fundraising campaigns.
6) The benefit of an Individual (broad support for a specific group may be considered, for example Union County Cancer Patients).
7) Conferences and annual meetings.
8) Projects outside the Union County community.