Mary Love Collins dedicated her life to Chi Omega Fraternity. She led the Fraternity from 1910 until 1952 as the National President, but continued her involvement until her death at the age of 90 in 1972.
More than any other Chi Omega, Mary Love Collins moved the Fraternity to a position second to none in the fraternal world. More than any other Chi Omega, Mary Love shaped the Fraternity's principles, policies, and practices; and more than any other Chi Omega, Mary Love provided guidance and leadership to the entire fraternity world.
Selected by a committee appointed by the Chi Omega Foundation, scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of scholarship; contributions and service to Chi Omega, the University and the community; letters of recommendation; and personal and professional goals.
RECIPIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL IN MAY.
Scholarship checks are distributed in two parts - half in July for the fall semester and half in December for the spring semester.
Scholarship checks are made payable to the institution to be used for educational expenses/tuition.
Applicants must be members of Chi Omega Fraternity who are currently enrolled in a graduate program or who, during the 2018-2019 academic year will enroll in a full-time graduate degree program at an accredited institution. Applicants must have been accepted into a graduate program at the time of the awarding of the scholarship.
A completed application must contain the following information:
1. A completed application form.
2. A personal essay.
3. Transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. These transcripts can be “unofficial” for the application. If verification of an official transcript is needed, applicants will be notified and given ample time for submission.
4. Evidence of admission to a graduate degree program by an institution accredited for full-time study for the following academic year. If acceptance notices have not been received by the scholarship application deadline, note this on the scholarship form and contact the Foundation upon notification. All graduate school scholarship recipients must provide proof of acceptance before the Chi Omega Foundation will issue the scholarship funds. Recipients may not defer a scholarship award to the following year.
5. Three letters of recommendation (applications will be incomplete if the letters are not submitted by the application deadline):
a. one letter from an Advisor or Advisory Board of the applicant’s active chapter (For those applicants who have been out of school for five or more years, it is not necessary to request a recommendation letter from a Chi Omega advisor. You may substitute a recommendation from your alumnae president, an alumnae chapter member, or employer.)
b. one letter from a professor in the applicant’s major
c. a second letter from a professor in the applicant’s major or a letter from an employer
***Only the required three letters will be accepted.
Applicants must assume the following responsibilities:
1. Give recommenders ample time to submit letters.
2. Follow up with recommenders to ensure they understand the process for a successful submission.
3. Follow application directions as points will be deducted for not following directions.
4. Submit a complete application.
Please note the following:
An application is considered incomplete without ALL required materials having been submitted online. Further, applications lacking recommendation letters will shown as “pending” completion; however, pending and incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee.
If applying for both the Mary Love Collins Scholarship and the Alumnae Educational Grant for the same academic year, the applicant may receive only one award.
Applicants who have previously been awarded the Elizabeth Carmichael Orman Scholarship or the Alumnae Educational Grant are still eligible for the Mary Love Collins Scholarship; however, past recipients of the Mary Love Collins Scholarship are ineligible to receive the award a second year.
Number of Awards6
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?