PCF Mentor Application Process
PCF's largest matching process happens in the spring in parallel with the selection of new scholars. However, PCF accepts rolling applications throughout the year. Please note that if selected, you will be required to attend a Mentor Orientation in May 2018.
Step 1: Eligibility
In order to be eligible to mentor with PCF, you must:
• Commit to a mentoring relationship for four years optimally beginning in May 2018
• Commit to an average of 2-3 hours monthly to mentoring
• Be willing to provide your student with social and academic support and career guidance
• Be able to attend the orientation and at least one training every year
• Be at least 25 years old, a college graduate, and have had professional work experience
Step 2: The Application
All interested applicants must complete PCF's Mentor Application. We use this information to:
• Learn more about you and your background
• Conduct necessary screening, including reference and criminal background checks
• Make the best possible match between you and a possible mentee (you will also be asked to complete a brief questionnaire to facilitate matching and introduce yourself to a mentee)
Note: The application will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you are unable to finish in one sitting, you can save your entries and return to it later. Your application is confidential and PCF does not share volunteer's personal information.
Step 3: Screening
Once you have completed the application, PCF begins the screening process to assess for fit with the mentor role. Because a mentor holds a position of trust and responsibility, we must:
• Conduct an in-person interview
• Check your references
• Conduct a criminal background check
Step 4: Training and Initial Meeting with Mentee
All selected new mentors must attend a four hour in-person orientation and initial meeting with their mentee. Mentors must also attend the Awards Ceremony in June, where their mentee will be awarded their scholarship.
During the orientation, mentors will learn about and discuss:
• PCF and mentor program overview
• Mentors' goals and expectations
• Mentor support and resources
• Relationship development and maintenance
• Mentor panel and discussion
• Mentor-mentee initial meeting
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.