The Rotary Club of Menlo Park Foundation awards scholarships to outstanding graduating seniors who attend the high schools listed below or seniors who live in the Menlo Park area and are homeschooled. The scholarships are not available to children or grandchildren of Rotary Club members. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates who display outstanding leadership, demonstrate academic excellence, exemplify the Rotary ideal of “Service Above Self,” and furnish evidence of financial need. Consideration will be given to hardships the student and family have endured and the likelihood that earning a scholarship will be a life-changing event for the student and his or her family.
- High school seniors in the 2017-2018 academic year who are graduating in Spring 2018.
- Planning to attend a four-year college.
- Attending one of the following high schools:
* East Palo Alto Academy
* Eastside College Prep
* Menlo-Atherton High School
* Menlo School
* Sacred Heart Prep
* Students who live in the Menlo Park area and are homeschooled
The Scholarship Committee will consider the following during the selection process:
• Academic Excellence: the applicant’s grade point average in relation to the difficulty of the academic program attempted.
• Leadership: the degree of responsibility taken and offices held in organizations, career objectives, honors, awards, and evidence of a strong desire/ability to succeed.
• Community Service: the level of involvement in community service projects, whether school sponsored or initiated individually.
• Financial Need: the family income in relation to family size, financial obligations for other siblings attending college, or other circumstances that affect the family’s ability to pay for your college education. The FAFSA, along with the corresponding Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the student aid package from the school will be reviewed.
You may work on this application incrementally. You can continue to view and edit your application up till the application deadline even after you have completed all the information and submitted it.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?