The scholarship awarded to the Lilly Endowment Community Scholar will provide full tuition, required fees and a special allocation of up to $900/year for required books and equipment for four years of undergraduate study on a full-time basis leading to a baccalaureate degree at any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applicants must be a graduate of a Vermillion County public high school (North Vermillion or South Vermillion) by June 30, 2018.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student to any four-year accredited college or university in the state of Indiana.
- Applicants must complete the application including submission of letters of recommendation and financial information by August 25, 2017.
- Applicants must agree to Recipient's Responsibilities of the scholarship.
- Applicant finalists must participate in a personal interview process.
- Applicants will be scored based on: Goal Statement Essay (15%), Academic Performance (35%), Community Activities (20%), Special Circumstances/Financial Need (15%), Letters of Reference (5%), and Personal Interviews (10%).
-All scholarship applications must be accompanied by TWO letters of recommendation. One must be completed by a teacher, a counselor, or school administrator. The second must be completed by a non-family member who can speak from personal experience and knowledge about your character, achievements, academic and general abilities. A minimum of TWO recommendation letters are required. You do have the option to have a non-family member complete a third letter of recommendation if you desire. All letters of recommendation are done through the online scholarship application and do REQUIRE an email address of the person completing the recommendation.
Number of Awards1
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?