One $20,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who has realized the importance of education following a slow academic start; turning lower grades (C’s or below) into stronger grades (A's and B's) during their junior and senior year and thereby changing his/her future trajectory. Amounts will be paid as follows: $2,000 for freshman year; $4,000 for sophomore year; $6,000 for junior year; $8,000 for senior year. Payouts are dependent on the recipient's maintaining an average college GPA of 3.0 or higher. Renewal is at the discretion of the donor. Candidates should have an expected family contribution of $0 - $5,000 as reported on the FAFSA Student Aid Report. There is no minimum high school GPA requirement. An essay required.
The mission of College Access Fairfax scholarships is to fill the gap between a student’s financial need and the amount of financial aid offered by the college. Students who are awarded full financial aid (free grants that cover tuition, room, and board) will not be awarded a CAF scholarship, because their financial need has been met.
*No minimum GPA required
* Acceptance at an accredited four-year college/university
* Intent to pursue a degree in the field(s) of Business, Education, Health Care, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) or other related professional field.
* Student Aid Report (SAR) documenting an Expected Family Contribution(EFC) of $5000 or less
* Demonstration of significant academic improvement (e.g. from C's and D's to A's and B's) between freshman/sophomore years and junior/senior years
* Scholarship specific essay explaining the student's change in academic focus
* Finalists interview
Number of Awards1
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?