Need-Based Scholarship Application for Undergraduate Study
Due to a matching grant challenge from Carlene Moore Ellis, Delta Iota-Georgia, many Delta Gamma members, collegiate chapters, alumnae groups and house corporations responded to the Sisters Helping Sisters campaign. Because of their generosity the Delta Gamma Foundation is pleased to offer need-based awards to collegiate members of the Delta Gamma Fraternity. We also thank the College Access Foundation of California for their generous contribution to this program.
• These awards are designated to assist collegiate members who have proven financial need and student loan debt.
• Applications will be accepted from current, initiated undergraduate members of Delta Gamma Fraternity in good standing.
• Applicants must have completed a minimum of three semesters or four quarters of college coursework (which generally means sophomore, junior or senior status).
• Applicants must include an unofficial transcript showing they have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
• Applicants should complete the application and required documents within 30 days.
• Applicants must have accepted Financial Aid from their College or University.
While the application materials will state that the deadline is April 1, the deadline actually varies according to when the individual applicant has begun the process. It is up to each applicant to monitor her progress and should complete the application process within 30 days of starting it.
Please note: Applications must be completed by April 1; some applicants may not have 30 days to complete depending on when they start.
Awards will be granted throughout the year, as available.
The need-based scholarship application process uses Smarter Select software. When you begin, you will be prompted to create a Smarter Select account. Then, you will be able to complete an application online. You may work on the application, save your responses and return to it at another time. To ensure delivery of email messages from Smarter Select and the Delta Gamma Foundation, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts, email address book or safe senders list.
To complete your application and to be eligible for a need-based scholarship, you must submit all of the following items in Smarter Select:
• An essay explaining your financial need.
• A copy of any financial aid award letters given to you by your school for the current academic year. These letters should be uploaded to your Smarter Select account.
• A recommendation from your Advisory Team Chairman (ATC) or another DG chapter adviser signifying that you are in good standing academically and financially with your chapter. The recommendation should be filed electronically using the form in Smarter Select.
Each recipient will be granted $2,500 which will be paid directly to the college or university for credit to her account for educational purposes only. Funds may not be used for Delta Gamma dues or expenses.
NOTE: If members also wish to apply for a traditional merit-based Delta Gamma scholarship, this deadline is March 1 each year. Please see that separate application online (when available) through Smarter Select.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?