Application will open July 1.
The AHIMA Foundation offers merit scholarships annually to currently enrolled outstanding undergraduate students in health information management (HIM) as well as those pursuing master’s or doctoral degrees in a HIM-related field.
To be eligible for a merit scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be an active member or active student member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) at the time of the application deadline, and if selected, at the time of the scholarship award (December 2017).
2. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) for the most recent 24 credit hours and maintain the GPA throughout application cycle.
3. Applicants must be actively enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours and actively pursuing an Associate, Baccalaureate or Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Management, or a Graduate degree in a HIM-related field.
4. Applicants must have at least six (6) credit hours remaining to complete their educational program, after the scholarship award date (after December 31, 2017)
5. Applicants must submit a completed online application with all required elements marked as "Received" by the deadline, September 30, 2017, 11:59pm Central Time. Applications with "Pending" or "Failed" elements will not be considered.
6. Applicants must not have already received an AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship during the time they are pursuing their current degree. A student may receive only one merit scholarship per degree.
Additional requirements are listed on the eligibility section of the online scholarship application.
Online Application Process
The online application process will involve answering a number of essay questions, attaching unofficial transcripts, requesting recommendations and verifying enrollment, all of which must be completed within the system by the deadline. The application will cover topics such as: academic history, career objectives, professional and volunteer experience, and educational and professional goals. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information on the scholarship application process.
Online Application Opens: July 1, 2017
Online Application Closes: September 30, 2017
Award Notification Mailed: November 30, 2017
Awards Mailed: December 30, 2017
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?