To be eligible for dissertation support, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Current member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
2. Actively enrolled and pursuing a doctoral degree
3. Successfully defended dissertation proposal, confirmed by the candidate’s advisor
4. Candidate is currently in the stage of collecting data but has not defended dissertation
5. Candidate is in good academic standing
6. Submit a completed online application and all of its components
7. Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program in health information management, health informatics or a program related to the HIM discipline at an accredited school in the United States. The program must be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) or a national or regional accrediting agency of the United States.
8. All candidates meeting the eligibility award criteria, including previous AHIMA Foundation merit scholarship recipients are eligible for one-time dissertation support
Applicants must be currently enrolled at the time of application submission and award date (December 2017).
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?