The Peoria Public Schools Foundation (PPSF) and The Yeomans Fund of the Community Foundation of Central Illinois (CFCI) are pleased to offer classroom grants to Peoria Public Schools District teachers.
Peoria Public Schools Classroom Grants are available to any Peoria Public Schools District teacher interested in additional projects to enrich the classroom experience for the students. It is a competitive grant process that aligns with PPS strategic goals and the school improvement plan. Awards will be made in amounts of $1000 or less.
While most grants address classroom initiatives from teachers, the selection committee will consider requests from other personnel (counselors, home school facilitators, etc...)
Beginning with the 2013 grant cycle, PPSF and CFCI will join together to offer classroom grants through one application process.
Peoria Public Schools Foundation
Since 1998, PPSF has provided over $195,000 to classrooms and teachers throughout Peoria Public Schools. Its classroom grants program is designed to benefit students by supporting teachers, allowing professional educators to implement their most innovative ideas.
The Yeomans Fund of the Community Foundation of Central Illinois
In 1998, Murray and Rena Yeomans created The Yeomans Fund, a endowed fund with an emphasis on assisting the Peoria Public Schools system. Each year, a portion of The Yeomans Fund's distributions are used to fund Peoria Public Schools Classroom grants. Since 2006, over $120,000 has been awarded.
• Maximum grant award is $1,000.
• Funds must be used from October 2017 to May 1, 2018.
• Application submission deadline is October 2, 2017 by midnight*.
• Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Applications missing required materials will be considered incomplete. There will be no exceptions.
*Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day until midnight.
• ALL grants received must be ORIGINAL. Any grant received that is the same grant with a different teacher's name on it, WILL NOT be accepted.
• Program must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable anti-discrimination laws are violated.
• Grant must be approved by school principal.
• Funds are not to be used for the funding of personnel.
• All technology purchases must be coordinated with District 150's Technology Department (309-685-0181).
• All items purchased with grant funds become property of Peoria Public Schools.
• All unused grant money must be returned to the PPSF.
• If funds requested will be used in combination with other funds, the amount and source of those funds must be noted.
• PPSF & CFCI reserves the right to make changes to the application’s requirements up to 60 days prior to the date the application is due.
• The grant review process will take around 30 days after the submission deadline. PPSF & CFCI reserves the right to shorten or extend the process at any time.
• Naturally, not all projects can be funded. A denial should not be viewed as a negative reflection, but rather a reflection on the amount of funding available. Applicants will be notified in writing on the status of the grant application.
Reports to PPSF & CFCI
A grant evaluation must be completed and submitted by the end of the school year. Failure to fully complete and submit this report by June 10, 2018 will prevent the grantee from future grant consideration.
A link to the online grant evaluation will be available on CFCI's website (click here) upon grant award distribution. It is the grantee's responsibility to review the evaluation in order to submit all required information.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?