The Maisin Scholar Award is designed to support students in the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) who have demonstrated financial need and a commitment to continuing their education. This year, we are providing 78 scholarships of up to $3,000 each to seniors in SFUSD high schools so that they can pursue a higher education and open doors to their dreams. The scholarship can be renewed for up to a total of four years.
The Maisin Scholar Award looks to support at least one qualified student from each SFUSD high school to reach their educational and career goals. Our application opens October 1 and will close on February 19.
All applicants must be:
1. Seniors attending SFUSD high schools and graduating in Spring 2018
2. Attending a community college, four-year university or vocational training program beginning Fall 2018
3. Committed to post-secondary educational goals
All applications will be reviewed and scored based on the following categories:
1. Financial need
2. Demonstrated commitment to education and career goals
3. Letters of recommendation
4. 2.0 to 3.5 cumulative unweighted high school GPA
Only complete applications will be considered, and in addition to your personal information, we will ask for your:
1. Answers to a few short response questions
2. Personal essay (600 word minimum)
3. Two letters of recommendation (one MUST be from a teacher of an academic subject)
4. High school transcript
Number of Awards78
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?