To provide annual scholarships to graduating high school seniors from the Northwest Ohio/Southeast Michigan area who will be entering an accredited school of higher education in the fall. Preference may be given to those applicants choosing to attend local (Northwest Ohio/Southeast Michigan)schools. Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
The criteria used for selection of scholarship recipients include consideration of the following:
1. Financial need (annual household gross income and other support of $100,000 or less). Please note: to be eligible for this scholarship, your family/household gross income and other sources of support must be $100,000 or less. If applicant reaches the interview stage, you will be required to bring your parents' or guardians' last two income tax returns to the interview.
2. Scholastic aptitude (ACT composite of at least 24 OR SAT composite of at least 1160, excluding optional essay).
3. Prior academic achievement.
4. Individual motivation, ability and potential.
5. Recommendations from teachers, guidance counselors and/or principal.
6. Personal interview with Jamie Farr Scholarship Advisory Committee (if selected as finalist). Interviews will be held in late April/early May at the Marathon Classic Office in Toledo. You will be assigned a specific interview date and time.
7. Children of present and past members of the Marathon Classic Board of Trustees (f/k/a Jamie Farr Toledo Classic Board of Trustees) and/or paid staff of the Marathon Classic are not eligible to apply.
Number of Awards5
Total Amount Awarded$15,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?