To provide annual post-secondary undergraduate education scholarships for high school senior Toledo Rowing Club members. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution for purposes of covering education-related expenses such as tuition, books, on-campus room and board, and fees.
The criteria used for selection of scholarship recipients includes consideration of the following:
1. U.S. citizen;
2. Member of the Toledo Rowing Club;
3. Planning to enroll/enrolled (full or part-time) at an accredited two or four year post-secondary institution (including colleges or universities, technical colleges or trade schools);
4. Active rowing participant (rower or coxswain) for at least two rowing seasons; achieved distinction in competitive rowing on the league or regional level, or above;
5. Coach's recommendation, as demonstrated on the Coach's submission (see application);
6. Documented commitment of volunteer time (not less than 40 hours during high school rowing career) to the Toledo Rowing Club's programs which encourage and promote rowing to Toledo area youth, women, adults and/or other "non-traditional" rowers. Such commitment shall be documented by the current President of the Toledo Rowing Club (see application);
7. Achievement of minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (calculated from the first semester of 9th grade through and including at least the first semester of 12th grade);
8. Achievement of a minimum single test composite on SAT of 1120 (reading and math combined score) or ACT of 24 or above;
9. Provide educational transcripts and other documents, as required and/or requested on application.
Demonstrated financial need may also be considered.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?