The Crouthamel Family Nursing Scholarship Fund was inspired by relatives of the Crouthamel family who were registered Nurses (RNs) and who took great pride in their profession and genuinely serving others. Gertrude Burmeister Crouthamel (1886 – 1953) was a Registered Nurse who trained at The German Hospital (later named The Lankenau School of Nursing) in Philadelphia. Following her early career in private duty nursing, Gertrude and her husband, Edgar, a Lutheran minister, had seven children. Three of Gertrude’s daughters also trained at Lankenau as Registered Nurses. To honor his mother and this family's remarkable heritage of nursing, Mark Karsner endowed this scholarship fund for children, grandchildren and siblings of nurses who wish to study nursing in the Philadelphia area.
To apply for the Crouthamel Family Nursing Scholarship, applicant must be a graduating high school senior or are studying at a school of nursing, two-year colleges or four-year colleges and universities in the Philadelphia area.
• Must have a genuine desire to help others
• Must demonstrate financial need
• Must have good grades in their high school or post-high school studies
• Preference given to the child, grandchild, niece, nephew or sibling of a nurse
One (1) scholarship of $500 will be awarded to an individual who intends to become a Registered Nurse.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION INCLUDES:
• Copy of your high school or post-high school transcript.
• Copy of your financial award letter from the college/university you plan to attend.
• Copy of your college/university’s estimated cost of attendance.
• Copy of your final SAR or FAFSA Report returned from the U. S. Department of Education
• A letter of recommendation
• Sponsor Form (if applicable)
Number of Awards1
Total Amount Awarded$500
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?