• Award amounts depend upon the number of qualified applicants and funds available. Award is disbursed in equal amounts in the fall and spring semesters as long as all minimum criteria are met.
• Be high school seniors from Harlandale ISD (Harlandale High School, McCollum High School, or Tejeda Academy) OR a currently enrolled freshman at the University of Texas at San Antonio
• Declare a major or minor in the Department of Music OR the Department of Art and Art History in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts at UTSA. Preference will be given to Music major/minors, but all eligible applications are considered.
• Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above during award year.
• Exhibit leadership capabilities through participation in school clubs, extracurricular activities, civic organizations, band, volunteer work, job experience, or other demonstrations of leadership abilities
*Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by UTSA’s Office of Financial Aid. Please fill-out the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Completed the Beverly Duren Scholarship application form.
• 2 letters of recommendation from high school faculty familiar with the applicants academic and extracurricular achievements.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.