The Alumnae Educational Grant is a program of assistance specifically for Chi Omega Alumnae members 24 years of age and older (by the application deadline - NO EXCEPTIONS) who desire to further their education for the purpose of career qualification or advancement. Grants are awarded on the basis of need, merit, and individual goals for study at a college, university, vocational, or technical school.
Selected by a committee appointed by the Chi Omega Foundation, scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of scholarship, financial need, merit as evidenced by recommendation letters: and educational goals. Recipients may attend a college, university, vocational, or technical school during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Ten $1,000 grants will be awarded for the 2018/2019 academic year.
APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED OF THEIR STATUS VIA EMAIL BY APRIL 15.
Applicants must be members of Chi Omega Fraternity. This grant must be used during the 2018-2019 academic year. Scholarship checks are made payable to the institution to be used for educational expenses/tuition.
A completed application must contain the following information:
1. Required information at all stages of the application
2. A personal essay.
3. Course/program description.
4. Detailed information about program expenses and sources of income
5. A copy of transcripts from all college or university work uploaded to the application. This CAN be an unofficial transcript. If verification of an official transcript is needed, applicants will be notified and given ample time for submission.
6. Two letters of recommendation:
a. one from a Chi Omega who knows you well (this excludes family members).
b. one from a teacher, counselor, or employer.
Applicants must assume the following responsibilities:
1. Give recommenders ample time to submit letters.
2. Follow up with recommenders to ensure they understand the process for a successful submission.
3. Follow application directions as points will be deducted for not following directions.
4. Submit a complete application.
Please note the following:
An application is considered incomplete without ALL required materials having been submitted online. Further, applications lacking recommendation letters will shown as “pending” completion; however, pending and incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee.
Past recipients of the Alumnae Educational Grant are ineligible to receive the award a second year. Applicants who have previously been awarded the Elizabeth Carmichael Orman Scholarship or the Mary Love Collins Scholarship are still eligible for the Alumnae Educational Grant. If applying for both the Alumnae Educational Grant and the Mary Love Collins Scholarship for the same academic year, the applicant may receive only one award.
Scholarship checks are made payable to the institution to be used for educational expenses/tuition. This grant must be used during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Number of Awards10
Total Amount Awarded$10,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?