Zeta Beta Tau Foundation scholarships are awarded each year to outstanding brothers in good standing with their Chapters. The scholarships range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000. Scholarships are awarded to applicants with explicit financial need as priority.
In the more than fifty years since its beginning, the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation Scholarship program has grown from a single $250 scholarship to an annual total of over $50,000. The Foundation has now awarded a total of more than $1,600,000 in scholarships to deserving ZBT Brothers. The Zeta Beta Tau Foundation was proud to award the largest single scholarship in its' history of $10,000.00 in 2017!
Please read the application guidelines carefully!
Pertinent information that will assist you in submitting your application and all necessary supporting documents is provided. Additionally, information regarding important dates and how award distributions are handled are also provided. If, after reading all the provided information, you have any questions, please go to our FAQ section. If the information that you need cannot be found please contact the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO MAY APPLY
Scholarships are awarded only to initiated brothers of the Fraternity (with limited exceptions). Undergraduate brothers who have completed two or more academic terms are eligible to apply for Need and Merit scholarships. Undergraduate brothers who have completed less than two full academic terms (quarters, semesters, etc.) as an initiated brother of ZBT are eligible for Need scholarships only.
NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Financial aid information that is provided by your schools Financial Aid Office MUST be submitted for ALL Need-Based Applications. The application will NOT be considered without this information and it must be provided by the published deadline of March 15, 2018. Applicants will ONLY be considered for a Need-Based Scholarship if they have applied for financial assistance through their local university/college financial aid office. Since the Need Scholarship program seeks to supplement financial aid, it is assumed that an applicant’s need is not great if he has not sought financial assistance through his college/university.
MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Merit-Based scholarships will generally be awarded only after all qualified Need-Based applicants have received scholarships and available scholarship funds remain. Applicants must meet ALL of the following minimum requirements from the two academic terms prior to the application deadline.
• Academics - 3.0 GPA, and
• One of the following:
- Active participation in at least two recognized on- campus organizations (including varsity or intramural athletic teams)
- Volunteer work with a minimum of three hours per week average for the entire academic year or 90 hours on one specific project. (Certification of the volunteer work may be required)
Merit scholarship applicants are not required to meet financial eligibility requirements.
HOW SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED
1) Scholarships are awarded to applicants receiving the highest scores as determined by the Scholarship Committee and dependent upon the amount available to be awarded.
2) All applications are considered final as submitted and may not be changed.
3) The Foundation will advise applicants only once of required items missing for a completed application.
4) It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to insure that any outstanding items are submitted prior to the established deadlines.
It is generally the Foundation’s policy to only provide information from applications to Foundation staff and volunteers for the purposes of conducting the Scholarship program.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED WITH THE EXPRESSED INTENT THAT THE FUNDS WILL BE SPENT ON TUITION, FEES REQUIRED FOR ENROLLMENT, BOOKS, SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR COURSES OF INSTRUCTION AT THE APPLICANTS UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE.
SCHOLARSHIP CHECKS ARE MADE PAYABLE TO THE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY AND SENT DIRECTLY TO THE SCHOOL TO BE CREDITED TO THE STUDENT ACCOUNT.
- Applicants will be disqualified if any information submitted in connection with the application is found to be false.
- If an applicant wishes to submit additional information for consideration by the Scholarship Committee, such information must be submitted in writing via USPS mail or email and sent or postmarked prior to the application deadline. Although the Scholarship Committee will make every effort to consider all information submitted, the submission of such information does not guarantee consideration or impact on an applicant's application.
Address all correspondence to:
Michael F. Zarb, Scholarship Committee Chairman
Zeta Beta Tau Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
3905 Vincennes Road, Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46268-3000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?