UNICO Foundation, Inc. will grant two scholarships valued at $1,250 each to students attending accredited study abroad programs in Italy, associated with a college/university in the United States.
The purpose of the DiMattio Celli Family Study Abroad Scholarship is to assist young students by defraying the cost of studies in Italy.
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent, having at least one parent of Italian ancestry.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending, full time, an accredited campus based college/university in the United States, pursuing a degree. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. The study abroad program must be eligible for credit by the student’s college/university. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members maybe sponsored through their respective Chapters.
5. Timeframe—The candidate must initiate studies abroad within the year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
RULES OF APPLICATION
The student must have applied for and been accepted to participate in an accredited study abroad program in Italy.
The candidate must describe in narrative form how participation in the study abroad program will be of benefit; indicating anticipated academic and personal growth. This essay must be approximately 200-300 words.
The UNICO Foundation seeks students participating in a study abroad program who show appreciation for the value of the experience and are willing to achieve success. It is to be noted further, that along with the maintenance of the required academic standards as a condition precedent in awarding the scholarship, the National Director of Scholarships and UNICO Foundation, Inc. Trustees reserve unto themselves the right to cancel or otherwise terminate a grant at any time an awardee, in their opinion, directly or indirectly engages in undesirable activities. The National Director of Scholarships and UNICO Foundation Trustees need not assign any reason for their action and the awardee shall have no recourse.
Online degree programs are not eligible for UNICO scholarships.
The scholarship must be applied to the current academic year.
A recipient must submit the scholarship agreement, and a bursar’s receipt confirming enrollment, prior to payment of award.
Only the winners will be notified. Results will be posted on the
UNICO National Website: www.unico.org
An awardee who withdraws prior to completing their study
abroad program will forfeit this scholarship.
Recipients are required to submit a photo upon notification.
Number of Awards2
Total Amount Awarded$2,500
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?