UNICO Foundation, Inc. will grant scholarships valued in the range of $2,500 to $10,000 to a fully-matriculating student currently attending full time, each one of the following: California Institute of Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology or School of Astronomical Studies at the University of Arizona, Tucson, majoring in the Natural Sciences.
1. Italian Descent---The candidate shall be at least 18 years of age and a natural born United States citizen of Italian ancestry. Documented and notarized proof may be requested by the selection committee if necessary.
2. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending, full time, one of the following: California Institute of Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology or School of Astronomical Studies at the University of Arizon, Tucson, majoring in the Natural Sciences, i.e., physics, chemistry, biology, archeology, meteorology, mathematics, astronomy or geology. Pre-medical studies do not qualify. An applicant may be an undergraduate, or a post graduate candidate for a masters or doctorate degree. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
3. Financial Need—The candidate’s financial need is a consideration. A current FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) or the previous year income tax return is required.
4. Extra-Curricular and Community Participation—The extent to which a candidate has contributed to the life and welfare of college and/or community will be considered in the assessment of merit.
5. Timeframe—The candidate must continue studies within the academic year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
6. Payment—The award monies will be paid directly to the institution, or approved entity, for the benefit of the recipient.
7. Reapplication -Previous candidates, including recipients, are eligible to reapply provided they have demonstrated academic progress. In this event, a complete and updated application must be submitted.
STANDARDS FOR CONSIDERATION
In addition to the criteria previously listed, applications will be judged on citizenship, leadership, character, community service and commitment.
The UNICO Foundation, through this program, seeks students of outstanding merit who show appreciation for the value of an education and are willing to achieve success. It is to be noted further that along with the maintenance of the required college scholastic standards as a condition precedent in awarding the scholarship, the National Director of Scholarships and UNICO Foundation, Inc. Trustees reserve unto themselves the right to cancel or otherwise terminate a grant at any time an awardee, in their opinion, directly or indirectly engages in undesirable activities. The National Director of Scholarships and UNICO Foundation Trustees need not assign any reason for their action and the awardee shall have no recourse.
Online degree programs are not eligible for UNICO scholarships.
The scholarship must be applied to the 2018-2019 academic year.
A recipient must submit the scholarship agreement, and a bursar’s receipt confirming enrollment, prior to payment of award.
Only the winners will be notified. Results will be posted on the
UNICO National Website: www.unico.org
Recipients are required to submit a photo upon notification.
Total Amount Awarded$27,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?