Jack Dye (1928-2015) was a well known teacher and coach. He graduated from Rock Island Public Schools where he enjoyed a variety of work and athletics. He graduated from Augustana College with a degree in History and Education. He worked briefly at IBM but the classroom called, and he returned to start his teaching career at the Roosevelt Military Academy in Aledo IL so to move on to the Moline School District #40 teaching first at John Deere Junior High and later Moline High School. He loved coaching basketball, golf and tennis and enjoyed the daily challenge of engaging students in timely discussions about the social sciences. He earned his Masters Degree from Western Illinois University in Administration and served as Department Head for many years in Social Studies. Jack was instrumental in starting the Moline Hall of Honor for Moline graduates, and recently earned induction into the Illinois Basketball Coaches Assn Hall of Fame. His razor wit and rapid fire delivery coupled with a near photographic memory was feared and admired throughout the community.
1. Resident of Moline School District No. 40
2. Graduate of Moline High School
3. Minimum high school grade point average (2.75 on a scale of 4.0)
4. Preference will be given to those students that have improved a letter grade
5. Full or part-time enrollment (at least 12 credits per semester)
6. Community or volunteer service
7. Applicant must provide proof of class rank and a transcript of seventh semester courses
8. School/community activities
9. Job or volunteer history
10. Applicant must submit two letters of reference (1 personal non-family and 1 that is school related from faculty members, administrators or counselors
11. Applicant must submit an essay on "How has your work or volunteer experience helped form your life?' Maximum of 200 words
12. This scholarship is for Undergraduate school expenses
13. One $1,00.00 scholarship will be awarded in 2018. The funds will be paid directly to the recipients educational institution
Number of Awards1
Total Amount Awarded$1
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?